Due to it's flexibility Timezynk is used by organisations in various industries, for example, healthcare, recruitment & consulting, railway, hotel & restaurant, facilities management, etc.
While using the system with the standard settings for shifts and time reports work well for some of our customers, we believe that tailoring the system to fit one's needs is what makes the biggest difference in day-to-day operations.
Set up for a Hospital
A Hospital typically have varying shifts due to often being open 24/7, and also having nurses and doctors that works on duty-hours. To be able to create a clear understanding of what the shift consists of, adding registers and fields to the shift is crucial. Examples for a Hospital could be a field for the department, since a Hospital often consists of several departments with staff that needs a specific type of knowledge or education, and what type of task/work title the employee will have on the shift.
Adding a field for other information could be good if you need to have some free text with specific mentionings for the shift.
In the example above, Kalle is scheduled as a nurse that will work in Radiology between 15:00 - 00:00, and then have a break between 19:00 - 20:00.
You can also configure what you want to see in the shift title, in this example the title consists of the task and the department. You can choose to add all types of fields from the register or other to adapt the shift after your organisations needs.
If there is the need for several employees on the same shift, writing another number in the Count field will make it possible to book several users on this shift. In the example above, only Kalle is booked, and therefore the shift is fully booked and the bar is green.
Below are the instructions for setting up your register the same way:
1. Restore register "Unit" (if you have more than one unit)
- Go to "Register settings" (the gear icon at the top rigt corner> "Register settings" under "Register")
- Click on "Show archived" at the right top corner
- Fins the row with the title "Unit" and press on the tool icon to the right
- Click on "Restore register" to your left hand side
2. Add register "Unit" to your shifts (if you have more than one unit)
- Go back to "Register settings" and click on the title "Shifts"
- Click on "+ Add" and in the field called "Type scroll down the list until you see "Registers"
- Pick register "Unit" and save
4. Remove register "Customer" from your shifts
- In register "Shifts" locate a field called "Customer"
- Click on "Edit" to your right
- Click on "Archive" at the bottom of the side bar
5. Contact us to activate module for multi-day shifts
- Module for multi-day shifts allows you to create a shift that starts on one day and ends on another.
- Tip! In the mean time there is trick that you can use. In the field for end time enter an earlier time than your start time and the system will interpret the shift as a multi-day shift.
6. Change order of the fields in your shifts (optional)
- You can drag and drop the fields to change their order, you do this by dragging the fields up and down by the dotted lines to the left of the fields.